Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Alone in 1st place

The Twins are currently alone in 1st place for the wild card, a 1/2 game ahead of the White Sox and 1.5 games ahead of Boston.

In another good game, the Twins pulled it out after a dramatic homerun by Morneau in the 8th. It was his 30th and the last time any Twin did that was in 1987. He could hit 40.

My plan of being patient against Zumaya did not pay off tonight. Cuddyer was patient and struckout looking and Morneau hit a first pitch fastball, that was outside the strikezone, for the game winning homerun.

It is great to see the Twins playing well as they come home to face the Bluejays. They will face Lilly tonight. I will be at the game.

It will be my first trip to the Dome in 2 years. I didn't want to see Silva pitch but at least the Twins are facing Lilly. It is a good match-up for the Twins.

I don't know if I will make any more posts until Monday. I will be at Deacon's Lodge for a weekend of bacchanalia for a good friend’s bachelor party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home