Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Why do I hate Tyner?

I really do. I just hate players that swing at every pitch when they have no power. He will swing at every pitch and he has yet to hit a homerun, at the major league level.

The wierd things I have always liked Luis Rodriguez. He is the exact opposite of Tyner. He works the count, sees a lot of pitches and because of that he has a walk rate twice as good as Tyner's, .093 per PA and .046 respectively. Also, Lrod sees 3.82 pitches per plate appearance and Tyner sees .5 less per PA. His lack of patience hurts this team, especially now that he is hitting at the top of the order.

I don't think Tyner can continue to be a .330 hitter, and he needs to since he never walks and has no power.

I think with playing time Lrod can be a decent backup infielder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home