Wednesday, September 13, 2006

MVP RaCE

There has been a lot of talk of the MVP lately. I think the best 4 candidates are Morneau, Mauer, Jeter & Dye. Over the next few days I will talk of each players pros & cons on why they should be considered for MVP.

Some of the players I am leaving off who are also deserving are Ramirez, Ortiz, Hafner & Sizemore. Part of the reason is that they are not on playoff teams. This is something that I don’t really subscribe to, but for the sake of argument I will now. Ortiz is a DH and though Ramirez is a great hitter he plays the OF like he is a DH.

It is hard for me to give the MVP to a DH. I do think Hafner would be deserving of it if Cleveland was in the playoff race and if he hadn’t gotten injured. He has 42 HRs and 117 RBIs and he is hitting 0.308/0.439/0.659/1.097. That is a stellar season.

I am also leaving Santana out of the discussion. Pitchers have their own award and while I think a pitcher can be an MVP he has to be head and shoulders above everyone else. Meaninig Santana would have to have an ERA around 2.00 for me to vote for him for MVP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home