Friday, September 01, 2006

Bad umpires

Umpires make a lot of mistakes and miss a lot of close calls and make bad calls in the strikezone. It affects both teams and I can live with it. Some calls are often so close it is difficult to determine the correct call with instant replay. It makes easy to understand why they might miss calls.

What I can't stand is when the umpire decides to become a disruption in the game. If a player is annoyed or shows him up it is not the umpires job to follow him to the dugout and start a confrontation. The ump should be doing his best to diffuse the situation. The umps are not the stars, I am not at a game to watch a damn ump. I am there to see the players he just threw out of the game.

I want some accountability.


Did anyone see the 1st base ump in the Hou/Mil game last night? Tim Timmons basically made himself part of the game. I am tired of umps like that. I think he is the same ump who blew a call at third and ended up ejecting Punto & Gardy.

They have union so it is difficult to fine/suspend them, but we fine the players and they have a union too.

There has to be some accountability with umpires too. Fines and suspension are fair when they initiate the conflict or follow a player and egg him on. Umps like Timmons should be fined and suspended often. He seems to have a chip on his shoulder the size of my ass. It needs to be removed.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would look pretty silly without your backside.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home